Master Electrician Strikes Again

Can someone answer this one: how is landing a wire in the wrong place different from a programmer putting in the wrong contact or address? Who among us haven't seen a program error cause a lot of damage too?

Electricians do quite a bit of laughing at the stupid mistakes programmers make.

seems like it would have blown up again unless you switched something around. and it seems like you would have switched something around before dreaming about it later on. something just isnt adding up with your story.

Okay, to explain this in english...
Big John T said:
This will give you a good laugh. We get called out after hours to a plant and the life blood system for that plant is down.

The machine HAD been running...

I listen to the master electrician jabbering.
:rolleyes:
He recounts that when he found the breaker it was hooked to 3 machines

Electrician shows some initiative!

so being a good fellow he goes to the supply store and gets another breaker and splits the load up by moving the panel to it's own breaker.

So far so good...

When he flips the breaker on it trips at once.

Technical Term: Ooooops!:confused:

When he walked around to the panel there was smoke billowing out if it.

Big Ooooops!:confused:

He is saying that it must have been an old power supply that just gave it up.

Sounds reasonable.o_O

After we get it all tested out and running again it's real late at night.
Miller Time!🍻
So we go home to get some rest. About 3am I sit up in my bed and smack my forehead and say I know what happened!

Eureka!:geek:

Then I go back to sleep.

Zzzzzzzzz!!!:sleep:

The next morning we go back down to the plant and trace the conduit to the panel. When we open the panel door the following warning in red is printed on inside.

WARNING DO NOT HOOK 120 TO RED PHASE

RED PHASE IS THE HIGH LEG!

To listen to this guy talk he knows everthing and did everything an electrician could do.

I've been a sparky for 20 years...:rolleyes:

Guess he can't read...đź“š

John

Thanks for the story John!

best regards.....kck

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone noticed but they tested it and got it running then later, while at home asleep, he determined that the power was moved to a "high leg".

If you did not determine the breaker was on a high leg how did you test and get it running? I saw no mention of putting the power back to the original breaker etc, if that was done then someone would have tested the ckt and known then it was a high leg.

Juat curious, were you making the story more entertaining?

Last edited: