Melsec a/d pt100 module

gbfisher5

hi everyone,new at programming.i have a mitsubishi A1scpu-s1 with a pt100 a1s62rd 3/4 module that read 2 tempretures ( 2 channels) .sensors were disconnected before I came along,and now would like to reinstate.i read the manuals but can't understand the To and From instructions on the ladder.
These are from top to bottom Top h3 h0 h3 k1. top h3 h2 h8 k2. from h3 k10 d354 k2. from h3 k36 d485 k1 all on one routine turned on by the always on bit. Can anyone please help. Thanks

A belated welcome to the forum,

I'm not familiar with this processor but it is simmilar enough to the fx range for me to try to explain.

The TOP instruction is writing to the 'buffer memory' of the PT100 unit to set the configuration.
TOP (write) H3 (unit address) H0 (buffer memory address) H3 (value to write) K1 (number of buffer memory addresses to write).

The FROM instruction reads from the 'buffer memory' of the PT100 unit to get the current value.
FROM (read) H3 (unit address) K10 (buffer memory address) D354 (device store in PLC of read value) K2 (number of buffer memory addresses to read).

To put this into context, take a look at the manual for the unit, its not the clearest manual but it does explain the buffer memory locations and their function.

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks Steve
You've explained it well,because I did read the manual,but from what you said I think I can now go back to the manual and get a clearer understanding.

Gerry