Micro850 Modbus RTU to EV2 VFD

BozayB

Hello All,

I am posting this in hopes of getting a little help as I am very new to Modbus.

I need to control the speed of a compressor VFD with a Micro850 PLC. The VFD uses Modbus RTU for speed reference and everything else.

The VFD manual explains what I have to do to configure it. (I have attached a page from the manual)

"To Choose the RTU Mode under ASCII Mode, write 0x2345 passwords to Register 200 to get Modbus Map Access first, and then write 0002H to the register 201."

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I do not know how to write to modbus registers in connected components workbench. I know I need to use the MSG_MODBUS instruction but I have no idea what to do next.

I would really appreciate some help as to how to set this up. Thank you!🍻