AB Micro850 Modbus TCP and Ethernet/Ip

laj

Hi all

IÂ’m working on a problem in which I have to read sensor data from a data acquisition module in the field that only communicates using Modbus TCP.

I need the data on a AB controllogix PLC for processing.

On site I have a spare AB Micro850 with Modbus tcp compatibility.

IÂ’m just wondering if the Micro850 has the capability to receive the sensor data through Modbus AND have the tags readable by the Controllogix PLC by the MSG instruction (read) simultaneously.

Basically can the unit perform both EthernetIP tasks and Modbus TCP tasks through the one Ethernet port or will I run into issues?

Any insight would be great.

You can read Modbus TCP data directly from ControlLogix using Modbus TCP Add-On Instructions available in the Sample Code Library.

Thanks got this hooked up and running and it works great. Thank you for taking the time to reply.