Micro850 & MODBUS TCP

mzalbadri

Hello,

I apologies in advance if a solution for my problem is posted already but I searched the web and this site and did not find any answers.

I am trying to connect an AB Micro850 PLC to a message display by using Ethernet connection and MODBUS TCP protocol. The message display I am working on is MD4-0212T which can be configured by ViewMarq (Free software can be downloaded from AD). Both, my PLC and the message display support the mentioned connection and protocol. In CCW, I am using MSG_MODBUS2 instruction to establish the connection. I am trying to send ASCII string messages to the display. I am not sure how to paste the ASCII messages into CCW and how can I send these messages.

I have very limited PLC programming experience. I am really lost here and would appropriate any input.