Micrologic 1400 AI/AO

BrettL

I had a question regarding the Micrologix 1400 AI/AO's. I have a 4-20mA AI wired to an input channel (I:3.0) and I am moving that value to an output word (O:4.0). When I monitor the output current it is always half of my input current? I used a MUL block to double it and it works effectively it just does not seem right to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

*I want to use this PLC to receive this field signal and then pass it along to another controller.*

Probably scaling. If you have a 1762-IF4 and it's set to for Scaled for PID it would give you 0-16383 counts. If you have a 1762-OF4 and it's set to Raw/Proportional it would be looking for 6241-31206 counts. So if the input has 20 mA, you would get roughly 10.5 mA at the output.

Chewing up one analog in and one analog out seems like an expensive way to re-transmit a signal if there's no need to manipulate it in any way. Have you considered using a 4-20mA loop isolator?

Probably scaling. If you have a 1762-IF4 and it's set to for Scaled for PID it would give you 0-16383 counts. If you have a 1762-OF4 and it's set to Raw/Proportional it would be looking for 6241-31206 counts. So if the input has 20 mA, you would get roughly 10.5 mA at the output.

As Old No. 7 states, I would verify the I/O configuration for the Input and Output. I had a situation where the input was set for 4-20mA but the output was at 0-10Vdc.

Chewing up one analog in and one analog out seems like an expensive way to re-transmit a signal if there's no need to manipulate it in any way. Have you considered using a 4-20mA loop isolator?

It is executing some logic and re-transmitting.

I think you nailed it. Thanks for the insight.