MicroLogix 1400 HSC question

Shawn Cassidy

Hi,
I'm doing a project with a ML1400 (1766L32BXBA). What I need to do is figure out the speed of the machine in feet/minute. I've installed an encoder (1024 ppr) that is connected to a roller with a circumference of 12" so every 1024 pulsezs equals 1 foot. The encoder output is connected to PLC input I:0 for HSC:0 (up counting mode 0). This machine only runs in one direction. In other plc's I've used have the speed function to determine the incoming pulse frequency (Hertz), however this plc does not seem to have this function. I need to know the speed from start until about 3000 ft/minute. I see that using the high speed counter I can see the incoming or accumulated pulses at HSC:0.ACC, but I'm not sure how to go about manipulating the data to get what I need. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

have a timer count to 60 then reset. when timer is done divide acc pulses to get pulses/foot per sec