Micrologix 1400 Plus Number of Words

clarkj818

I am attempting to add a new Micrologix 1400 to our Scada System utilizing Kepware Ethernet over IP. The addressing format for Kepware driver requires that the number of input words for the embedded I/O be known. While I have a ladder listing of the Micrologix 1400 program, I do not have access to the PLC itself. Is there any way of determing the number of input words of the embedded I/O utilizing the part number. The part number is 1766_L32AWA. Thanks in advance.

Without any Expansion modules connected, all MicroLogix 1400 controllers have eight words of Input data and five words on Output data associated with "Slot 0".

I:0.0
I:0.1
I:0.2
I:0.3
I:0.4
I:0.5
I:0.6
I:0.7

O:0.0
O:0.1
O:0.2
O:0.3
O:0.4
O:0.5

Embedded I/O addressing is actually tricky when you're dealing with external devices instead of RSLogix 500, and I very strongly recommend simply copying the Input and Output data you want to monitor into ordinary Integer or Binary data files so that they can be accessed by the external software.

Additional Questions

I want thank you for your responses and have some additional questions. If the 1766-L32 AWA has 20 digital inputs and 8 Input Words how many input bits (digital inputs) are associated with each word? Please be aware that I am new to this.

Rockwell Automation made the embedded I/O memory sizes the same for all the different models of the MicroLogix 1400 that they planned to make, so much of it is often unused.

MicroLogix controllers use 16-bit integers for the Input and Output data table, so each Word in the data table has bits 0 through 15.

For your 1766-L32AWA model, the actually used inputs are in the first two words of the input data table and the first word of the output data table.

I:0.0 Inputs 0-15
I:0.1 Inputs 16-19

O:0.0 Outputs 0-12