Micrologix 1400 - Using Timer to change Motor Starters

ragsncl

Hi, I am trying to control 10 motor starters on a fan application. but I want motor starter 1 to 10 to work in the first week and MS2 to start in the second week and so on until we get to MS10 starting first when there is temperature change. Iam using BSL instruction (along with latch, unlatch)to do this auto rotate (starting 1 to 10 etc), but I need to know how I can achieve this week 1.. week 2 etc.. can someone please advice how to use the timer effectively? many thanks.

Your PLC should have a real time clock that can be accessed via the function files. I don't have a software version that supports that new controller, but you should be able to find more information in the RSLogix help files.

The addressing is probably the same as the ML1100:

RTC:0.YR
RTC:0.MON
RTC:0.DAY
RTC:0.HR
RTC:0.MIN
RTC:0.SEC
RTC:0.DOW (Day of week)

Hope this helps!
Paul