MicroLogix 1500, SLC05 and SLC03 Monitoring

juanmdx

Hello,

I've a question, I want to work in a project where there are 10 MicroLogix 1500, 10 SLC 505 and 10 SLC 503, and I want to monitor 600 signals (and keep a record of 210 of them).

I really want to use onlye one HMI, but I don't know how to make the connection between the HMI and all the PLC's, I taught of Ethernet (because the SLC505 and Micrologix have ethernet ports, but not the SLC503, and then I saw that I can't use all the ethernet ports as IP Ethernet...), so I'm looking for suggestions, maybe I can use another communication (485 or 232) and link all of the PLC to anotherone (maybe a CompaqLogix), so that it can manage the communication between the PLC's and the HMI.

And also, I was thinking on using a PanelView Plus, but I'm not certain on how many tags it can handle...

So all your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and best regards.

Where do you want to keep the record?
What do you mean by monitoring?
Being watched by a human?
Or automatic data acquisition and recording? What about the 390 ones not subject to recording?

ML1500 has no Ethernet port.
What do you mean by "IP Ethernet"? Do you need Ethernet/IP network?

Last edited:
Red Lion G3.

If they are all on ethernet it is a breeze. Use the Digi One IAP to connect the Micros and the 5/03s to ethernet. Or just connect one of the G3 serial ports to a DH485 network.

With the G3 HMI, data logging to both CF card and FTP sites are easy. The G3 also supports connections to SQL databases

Free software, outstanding hardware, I hesitated trying the G3 for two years after first considering it...what a mistake that was...

Last edited: