MicroLogix 1500 Trim Pot ?

Bob O

The Micrologix 1500 and maybe others have (2) 3/4 turn trim pots on the processor. My question is has anyone used them and what was the application? Just curious is all.

Thanks,
Bob

I used 1 of them to adjust a preset of a timer on a wrapping machine.
No operater interface available so this was an easty way for the time to be adjusted without a PC. Regards Alan

presets, presets, presets

I would say that 99 percent of the time they would be used for timer presets. At least that is what I use the 4 trim pots on the AD DL-240 for.

I am sure that others have used them for other reasons and I am also curious what they are using them for.

micro logic 1000

i have micrologic 1000 processor, in that processor i entered pass word, after that i forgot the pass word, i do not know how to enter the processor,
tell me is there any possiblity to enter the processor apart from entering the pass word.

Last edited:
On several types of PLC I've used similar pots to set high and low alarm limits. I haven't used them in quite a few years, though. Operator interfaces have gotten inexpensive enough that we now have one for each PLC, and do all the settings through them. That way we get exactly the results desired instead of "eyeballing" a potentiometer setting.

We use them in one application to calibrate (ofsetting the variables in the scale block) 4-20 mA pressure transducers that aren't exactly 4 at minimum or 20 at maximum.