Micrologix to control an E300

DCom

Is it possible to control an E300 over Ethernet with a Micrologix 1400E? I have searched and haven't found any information on this topic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The five stages of using a MicroLogix to control I/O over EtherNet/IP:

1. Please tell me you aren't really trying to do this.
  2. You're hurting me by trying to do this.
  3. I'll help you do this some other way.
  4. Everyone keeps doing this and they'll never stop.
  5. Here's some example code.

There are very limited examples or directions because this is not what the product is designed, advertised, tested, or supported to do.

RA provides a curt example in the Knowledgebase:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/731082/loc/en_US#__highlight

I very strongly recommend not trying to implement an I/O control functionality in a MicroLogix over the network. Hardwired devices with monitoring are fine, but the right platform for handling remote I/O over Ethernet is CompactLogix.