Micromaster 430

junmontes

Hi,
My MM430 keeps issuing fault F002 everytime it rampdown to stop. The load is only a centrifugal water pump. The ramp time is 3 seconds. Need your help. thanks

Overvoltage

Dear junmontes,

You get F0002=Overvoltage because when you are stoping the pump, the motor works as a generator, but the DC cicuit inside the MICROMASTER can't give energy back to the AC network (because the input is a rectifier). So you can:
-Increase stoping time.
-Put stoping time = 0 so It wil coast down.
-Set P1240=1 That extends breaking ramp to prevent F0002.

Note: In MM430 doesn't have choper for controlling breaking resistor

Sincerely,
Kelkoon

JesperMP said:
Or set it to coast to stop.
Why use ramp down with a water pump ?
Is it critical to cut the pressure fast ? If so, use a quick ramp down + brake resistor.

When you are using a bermad valve, or you dont have a non return valve you have to use a ramp down until the valve is fully closed then only can the motor come to a stop.
When using free wheel stop you get water hammer when stopping....not desirable

just increase the ramp down time......gradually. If you increase it to long it will also trip. What size motor is it?

Hi! Guys,
Thanks for your valued replies.

chudjust increase the ramp down time......gradually. If you increase it to long it will also trip. What size motor is it?

JesperMPThen your options are to increase the ramp down time, or add a chopper + brake resistor, or exchange the MM430 with an MM440 + brake resistor.
KelkoonDear junmontes,

You get F0002=Overvoltage because when you are stoping the pump, the motor works as a generator, but the DC cicuit inside the MICROMASTER can't give energy back to the AC network (because the input is a rectifier). So you can:
-Increase stoping time.
-Put stoping time = 0 so It wil coast down.
-Set P1240=1 That extends breaking ramp to prevent F0002.

Note: In MM430 doesn't have choper for controlling breaking resistor

Sincerely,
KelkoonYesterday 10:33 AMJesperMPOr set it to coast to stop.
Why use ramp down with a water pump ?
Is it critical to cut the pressure fast ? If so, use a quick ramp down + brake resistor.Yesterday 02:21 AMMarshyHi,
Try increasing the deceleration time. Also do you have a brake resistor fitted?

The drive has no brake resistor. The motor is 30kw. I will consider the braking resistor but for the meantime I'll try to play with decel. time and the mode of stopping the motor. Keep you posted. Thanks

If you are pump up into a line (normally) dont use coast stopping. Like I said you will get water hammer