Mitsbishi GX Developer Issue

It normally defaults to C:\Program files(x86) Melsoft\GPPW.
Once you have uploaded the program & other files you can save as, then select say your documents folder & save it there.
Has this system got a servo drive or is it just a standard motor with an encoder ? also, a copy of the drawings if you have them.
The HMI is two generations behind & no longer made the same really goes for the PLC so it makes sense to upgrade this system

Save as.png

Last edited:
GX Developer Issue

It normally defaults to C:\Program files(x86) Melsoft\GPPW.
Once you have uploaded the program & other files you can save as, then select say your documents folder & save it there.
Has this system got a servo drive or is it just a standard motor with an encoder ? also, a copy of the drawings if you have them.
The HMI is two generations behind & no longer made the same really goes for the PLC so it makes sense to upgrade this system

sorry about late reply. I tried to upload here but it wouldnt let me. Can you pls give us your email so i can email over.

(tried to send you via PM from here but but no option to upload file in message)

GX Developer Issue

sorry about late reply. I tried to upload here but it wouldnt let me. Can you pls give us your email so i can email over.

(tried to send you via PM from here but but no option to upload file in message)

think managed to do it when compressed. Hope it works.

I have sent you a private message with my email address.
I have the file but for some reason cannot determine which plc it is I assume it is FX0, FX1, FX2N could you confirm.

GX Developer Mitsbishi

I have sent you a private message with my email address.
I have the file but for some reason cannot determine which plc it is I assume it is FX0, FX1, FX2N could you confirm.

Normally, in GX developer its defaulted to FXCPU.

Plc is Mitsubishi - MELSEC FX-48MT Transistor Unit

Yes I opened it up in GXworks & realised it is a very old model.
It depends on which version of GXDev. you have i.e. there is an FX only version the later versions for all plc's it will take the last plc type as the type in a new project.

GX developer

Yes I opened it up in GXworks & realised it is a very old model.
It depends on which version of GXDev. you have i.e. there is an FX only version the later versions for all plc's it will take the last plc type as the type in a new project.

Please see attached picture of GX developer I am using. It’s v8.0

IMG_5689.jpg

I have run the program with a simulator.
M502 is probably on or being turned on and I made sure the high speed compare was equal but y5 is on then immediately reset.

There are a few RST M502 instructions, one of them shouldn't be on.
It's probably coming from the hmi. A stuck key/button perhaps.
It needs to be monitored live by a Mitsubishi programmer.

I have run the program with a simulator.
M502 is probably on or being turned on and I made sure the high speed compare was equal but y5 is on then immediately reset.

There are a few RST M502 instructions, one of them shouldn't be on.
It's probably coming from the hmi. A stuck key/button perhaps.
It needs to be monitored live by a Mitsubishi programmer.

Like Ronnie, I too did that I also forced some inputs on & all maner of things happened but too fast to see what was going on.
I did a cross ref of all the variables & there are many only refferenced either as contacts or outputs but not both so.
Either the programmer fumbled their way though & kept modifying it to get it working but left lots of redundant code, ther HMI does more than you expect i.e. perhaps the large section of code where some memory bits are only out instructions are used for display purposes i.e. a made up bar graph or perhaps some of the memory bits only refferenced as contacts are set on a screen for some kind of pattern control who knows. There are also many uses of bits driven by simple logic that are then used to control other bits, this is definitely poor programming TBH. without some drawings, HMI code & knowing how this system works it is almost impossible to find out what the problem is.

GX Developer Issue

Like Ronnie, I too did that I also forced some inputs on & all maner of things happened but too fast to see what was going on.
I did a cross ref of all the variables & there are many only refferenced either as contacts or outputs but not both so.
Either the programmer fumbled their way though & kept modifying it to get it working but left lots of redundant code, ther HMI does more than you expect i.e. perhaps the large section of code where some memory bits are only out instructions are used for display purposes i.e. a made up bar graph or perhaps some of the memory bits only refferenced as contacts are set on a screen for some kind of pattern control who knows. There are also many uses of bits driven by simple logic that are then used to control other bits, this is definitely poor programming TBH. without some drawings, HMI code & knowing how this system works it is almost impossible to find out what the problem is.

Yes but HMI is only used to increase length. It has no other function. What else can we look at?

You say it only has one function to set the length but are you sure there is no hidden page like an engineering page ?.
Are there any other cards connected to the PLC i.e. I/O or special cards I don't know of any for such an old PLC but on later ones some cards can be configured by utility programs that tell the PLc where to store data or parameters. without knowing the exact PLC equipment, it's function etc. it is very hard to tell you what to do, If there is no chance of something being damaged like a servo drive smashing into something I would try to force that M502 on in the program & see what happens but as I say without knowing what is what it could be dangerous. Is there a servo drive or is it a VFD burt uses an encoder feedback for position ? Are there any extention cards on trhe PLC ? or other communications what are the inputs & outputs i.e. sensors or motors/drives.

The PLC is a very old FX series I don't think there were any speacial function cards other than analogue or perhaps a servo driver even then I don't think a servo was ever made for the FX I believe they did not come out until the FX2-3 range, the HMI is very basic & at least 3 generations behind so there is no scripting apart from some simple codes for things like password settings etc. a drawing of cards & I/O would be helpful even if it is hand drawn. The only thing I have noticed that the M bits 500> are retentive thats's what make me think there could be another screen for setting purposes but it is a guess. There is no indirect addressing or word to bit or bit to word functions so no idea where many of these M bits may be set.
There are a number of compare instructions they use 2 bits i.e. less than equal to & Greater than etc. so if there is a compare i.e. [CMP D20 D21 M200] then the bits M200 to M202 so so bits M201 & 202 will not have a coil in the cross reference, however, looking for some of those without any reference do not appear in any compare instructions.

Last edited: