Mitsubishi: Adding a second screen/monitor to display new info

Mas01

Hi,can you help me again? complete novice to PLCs. Using GT Designer/SoftGOT1000/Developer. Working on adding some Water Cooling parameters to an existing system. End-user has asked if it's possible to put my new parameters, indicators etc on a separate monitor next to the existing one, so they can glance across to it at any time, to keep an eye on it.

Thus far, the LINKS on the main screen will change the content of the main screen to show the selected page. I was thinking of adding another button called 'Water Cooling', but this button will open up a second window on the second monitor with all my Water information (see pic).

Is this possible? I think the idea is that the cooling system is important enough to warrant a second screen, for the time being at least.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I believe there are two possibilities, SoftGot link function & something called ANDON, it appears these can monitor different screens probably like we would call a client. you need to contact your local Mitsubishi Rep who could give more information but these options are probably not that cheap. I think for a simple monitoring of the water supply you could squeeze it on the main page or just have a simple field on most pages showing the status with links to the control page. The other alternative is to fit a small GOT HMI as well as the SoftGot PC.

Thanks @parky, that's really useful.
In simpler terms, I guess my question is 'can I design the 'water cooling' button on the main screen so that pressing it will create a new "pop-up?". Then maybe I can drag the new window over to the second screen. Might need to get IT to configure the 2 screens linked to one PC.

I'm not sure if Softgot will allow it, I believe that the window may have to be within the Softgot container window unlike normal windows. I would be surprised if you could drag it onto a separate screen but I suppose it's worth asking the question