Mitsubishi Digital to Analog Module

BigAl

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have just started working for a new employer, who has purchased several used machines at an auction. Each unit has a Mitsubishi FX-32MT PLC with an FX-2DA Digital to Analog module attached to it. Unfortunately the program has been erased from the PLC, and the original manufacturer is no longer in buisness. I have GX developer on my laptop, and have no problems connecting with the PLC, and starting a new program. My only draw back is with the FX-2DA module. I understand that it is a digital to analog convertor, but when I asked Mitsubishi for a copy of the manual, they informed me that this module is obsolete, and that I should ask my local distributor. My local distributor is clueless.
Does anyone have experience setting up this module? I would appreciate any help.

Big Al

FX2ADPT User Manual

Hi Big Al,
The UK Mitsubishi site is being reconstructed, try the USA site at http://www.meau.com

Look under Documentation Downloads
Industrial Automation
PLC
PLC-F (Search)

The Manual is JY992D28501-C

Regards,
Gene

FX2N-2DA Manual

Sorry Big Al,
The above was incorrect.(My fault for not checking properly)
Try this link instead.

http://www.syslink.com.cn/downloads/manuals/FX2N-2DA.pdf

I can't find a refrence for the original FX version, but this looks similar enough to get you underway.

I'll see if I can get the exact refrence manual your after, a.s.a.p.

What's the application, what are you looking to control via the analogue output ?

Regards,
Gene.

Thank you Gene.

I initially downloaded the manual for the FX2N-2DA module, thinking that the modules would be pretty similar. I used the program example shown in that document, and was still unable to get the FX-2DA module to respond.
The modules I am dealing with are used to send a 4-20MA signal to a Dynatronix rectifier. The machines they are installed, on are used for electroplating. The rectifier is supposed to provide very little current at first, and gradually increase it over a specified time period.

Thanks again,

Big Al

FX-2DA Module

Hi Al,
No chance with a .pdf file, apparently one doesn't exist.
(Please check your site mail here)

The code will still be similar to the FX2N-2DA version in terms of TO and FROM commands, but these are the Buffer Memory addresses for the FX-2DA.

BFM No.
#0 Analogue o/p mode (current / voltage) default = (H00)
#1 O/P CH1
#2 O/P CH2
#5 Last Data Reset default = H00
#3,4,6 - 19 Reserved.

The value of BFM #0 switches the analogue o/p between voltage / current.
The value of BFM takes on the form of 2-character HEX number. The least significant character controls CH 1 and the other CH2.
H00
0 = 0 Voltage o/p (-10V to +10V)
0 = 1 Current o/p (+4mA to +20mA)
Hence H10 CH2 I CH1 V-------------------M8002
-------H11 CH2 I CH1 I--(Your requirement -||------TO K0 K0 H11 K1)
------------------------------------------Init Pls
BFM #1 CH1 data (default = 0)
----#2 CH2 data (default = 0)

BFM #5 Output status regarding PLC mode. If the PLC is changed to the Stop state, the FX-2DA will continue to output the last value.
To reset the output to the offset value, set the HEX characters of #5 to one of the following settings.
H00 CH2 = Hold CH1 = Hold
H01 CH2 = Hold CH1 = Offset
H10 CH2 = Offset CH1 = Hold
H11 CH2 = Offset CH1 = Offset

BFM No-------------------------------------b3 b2 b1 b0
#20 Reset all to default default value: 0
#21 Gain/Offset adjust prohibit--------------------Prohbt Permit
(Initial value (0,1)
#22 Gain/Offset setting command------------G2 O2 G1 O1
#23 Offset Data (in mV or yA units) default value 0
#24 Gain data (in mV or yA units) default value 5000
#25 - #28 Reserved