Mitsubishi FX2N Remote by Modem?

Rgoltsch

I've been working on setting up remote kits for my company's various machines. We use AB PLC's as well as Mitsubishi's FX series. I want to be able to install a modem on the machine that will allow me to remotely dial in to the modem and go online to monitor the program.

I've been able to communicate with the AB units using RSLinx with little issue. Using GX Developer 6.06 has been more problematic.

Has anyone out there been able to use GX Developer with a modem to go online? I nkow there are two later versions of GX Developer...maybe it is as simple as buying the later version...or it could simply be pilot error and I have something setup incorrectly.

Searching on Mitsubishi's site, as well as through Google have turned up little assistance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ron

Ron,

Initially when I set this up I found it problematic also. I use a laptop all the time, even for office use.

The problem I found was that the GX Developer did not want to comm thru COM 2 for some reason. I set up to comm thru COM 5 with no problems. Also when I had the baud rate set for 19.2 was not too happy. Set the baud rate for 9.6 with no further problems. Latched comms every time.

Hope this may be of help.

Regards,

Ken R.

We install modems on every machine that we can, and most of them are Mitsubishi PLC's. We actually bought a standalone modem for either end-- one plugs into my desktop, the other is then installed on he machine. These are supposed to be "optimised for Mitsubishi". After an initial setup problem (internal software had the wrong settings), there have been no problems. Not sure of part numbers, the box is sitting right in front of me, but has nothing marked on it. Talk to your sales rep, he should know the ones.

Mitsubishi has a regional office in New Jersey (Somerset) with an excellent applications Engineer. email me if you need their phone number.