MITSUBISHI FX2n

addaeng

Hello all
I am new to this plc world somewhat.
I have aquires a used unit with the E300 series interface panel. So I am dying to get rolling with this. Now what I need is some info as to what I need to program this. I have read that the software is called FX-WIN. I would also like to find (or make) the programming cable. Can anyone help me located this software and cable?

Thank you very much
Brian

You have got yourself a very nice 'brick' plc there (Top of the range of Mitsi's brick plc's) and a reasonable HMI.
If you got them for free then you have done well.

However,you need cables and software which are not cheap.

I do not know if FX-win programs the FX2n but it might do (probably does)

You can go about it two ways;

The cable to program the plc direct, is called an SC-09. I have seen schematics for it (in fact if you buy one, it comes with it) But this cable has a protocol convertor IC in it. If you are good with electronics you could make one.

You also need a cable between the HMI and PLC (part No escapes me and I buy loads) But you can get away with not buying/making a SC-09 if you buy/make a programing lead for the HMI.

But you still need two cables. One from your PC to the HMI and one between the HMI and PLC.
You can then program both with the cable from your pc to the HMI. (It is called transparent mode - the HMI become transparent to enable you to program the plc.)

The HMI software is called Mac programmer+ or E designer (both versions are very similar)

I wil look in my books to give you the exact part No of the cables.

So what your saying is that all I need is the cable that goes from the plc to the interface and use that to program? I already have that one. Now all I need is software to program, right. Can you suggest any for this?

Thanks

Sofware

The company I work they use all Missubishi the sofware I see is GPP for window

Last edited: