Mitsubishi GOT 2000 download first time

Cjohan

Good day all

We had a GOT1020 HMI installed but has failed recently. We then Bought a GOT2103-PMBD. I need to download our old software to this new screen but i do have some question and struggling to connect .

Question.

Do i first convert the program by setting the new GOT type in the Common settings? or do i try to download to the HMI first ?

I tried to convert it . i switched on the GOT2103 -PMBD for the first time and i saw a dialog that says please install data package? WIth this dialog still on the screen i tried to connect with my USb to it but it wont connect . My drivers are installed as i see the USB in my computer manager and it says Melsec USB is working fine.

But then i heard that i must push with my finger in the right hand corner below to get some settings ? I tried this numerous times but still i dont succeed .

May i ask what is the procedure to go forward . This is the first time i will download a GOT HMI and our 1 machine is currently standing

Thank you in advance

I don't think you can use a 1020 project in a 2103 they are totally different screens. for example the 1020 is 160 by 64 pixels whereas the 2103 is 320 by 128 & I think if a 1020 project is selected it runs the GT1000 version of GT3,
The only thing I can think of is you will have to look through the screens, get the variables & re-produce them on the new screen, this is probably why it will not download.

I don't think you can use a 1020 project in a 2103 they are totally different screens. for example the 1020 is 160 by 64 pixels whereas the 2103 is 320 by 128 & I think if a 1020 project is selected it runs the GT1000 version of GT3,
The only thing I can think of is you will have to look through the screens, get the variables & re-produce them on the new screen, this is probably why it will not download.

Hi parky

Thank you for the reply. When i convert it it gives me the Option to Automatically convert the screens and all

see picture attached

Convert start .PNG Convert option .PNG

Ahh.. Never done it so did not know you could convert between 20 & 21, I do not have a got handy so cannot check if you have to do anything with the USB.
maybe there is some data package that needs to be in the project, never done this on a GOT but I have had problems on other HMI's where no images were present on the PC to re-create certain objects so they came up with a rectangle when checked there was no image. Could you post the un-converted file to see if I get the same message about the package.

Hi Parky

Thanks for your help . I came right . I had to install the latest version of GT3 to be able to connect . I had V1.90 and the latest now is V2.36.

Thanks