Mitsubishi GOT 2000 convert to GOT 1000

dploof23

Hello,
I have a GOT 2000 that is dead and only have a GOT 1000 spare at the moment. I have converted projects up from 1000 to 2000 before, but don't see an obvious way to convert from 2000 down to 1000.

Anyone ever do this? Or know if it can be done?

Thank you,
Dave

I don't believe it can be done just had a look I think because the 2000 contains a lot more functions it cannot be imported into a 1000 project its like putting a gallon into a pint pot, the only thing I can suggest is copy & paste the graphics & anything else you can I think it will be a long drawn out exercise though & some functionallity may be missing, it does appear that it uses a different cersion of the editor for the GX & GT versions

Thank you for the reply.
Just talked to tech support from our distributor. They said it can't be done.
I was hoping I was just missing something.

Thank you,
Dave

It's because of different platforms & functionality, I have had a couple of problems, with conversions one was with a Beijers HMI, the new version although a replacement for the previous, the screen size was a few mm difference & it did convert but the graphics were all over the place so a lot of time spent re-aligning them, the other was a PV600, did not have one so used a Beijers of similar size but had to manually enter all I could some functions I had to do in a different way but it got us going but some functions would not work.
We decided once we got it going enough for the plant to operate I decided to re-design it using the Beijers, far more reliable platform, reduced our need for carrying different HMI's easy to load a project in the event of failure & cheaper. However, to get the full functionality needed to modify the PLC as well.