Mitsubishi Inverter

Ken

Hi. Anybody knows how to use Mitsubishi Inverter? Have a FR-A024-0.4K presently but wondering how to use it. Anybody has any manual or experience to share?

Hi Ken

My experience with Mitsubishi Inverters are pretty bad.
There some stupid thing when you came to program the unit.
Its also criate lot of noise and make problems with PLCs.
To program you need to go Pr 79(if I remember well)
change to local mode then to program then to change again to remote.
when you need to work fast its delay you, the programing is not friendly.Pain in the ***.
I get rid of them very quickly.
You can get much better then Mitsubishi Inverter on the market.
I dont want to advertise any one.It just my opinion according on my
personal experience.

All the best

To program you need to go Pr 79(if I remember well)change to local mode then to program then to change again to remote.
Not sure what your talking about??
Pr. 79 is for whether you want to control the the drive from the PU "program unit" or from an external singnal. This, from my experience has nothing to do with writing or changing paramaters.
The only paramater,Pr. 77 which is write enable and disable, has to be enabled in order to do programming. I have to change paramaters on a few of our Mits. drives and I don't have any problems.
Tim

Evry time you want to make any changes you need to stop the inverter
then to go to this parameter change to PU then make your changes then
ghange this parameter again.Why?
Other VFDs you can do it in half time with out to stop the inverter
(not all the parameters).
Low quality High price.That what I think about them.
I installed about 100 units until I had enough.

Arik, most drives will not let you access all parameters while drive is running, only some parameters. I would recommend Toshiba's G7. They are great and have a start up wizard for those not familiar with drive set up. It has a LCD screen that list real questions / answers , not some reference number that you need manual to know meaning.

Ken keep in mind drives need three signals, run command, direction and speed reference. With those signals present, basic start up is usually a breeze. All the other parameters like accel, decel preset speeds, local / remote control etc. can be set as needed or run defaults. I apologize if this info is to basic for your experience level.

Robert

I wrote what I wrote because I really think this product is lousy.
I guess you never use it.If you will use it will be only for one time.for simpel app its not so bad but for complicated app its pain in the ***.
I use Omron VFDs and A-B and I pretty happy I know there better then them.
but at list I dont have to fight with them.

Arik

Mitsi's may not be the easiest drives to setup and adjust but in my experience they are amongst the most reliable.
I've used hundreds of Mitsi drives and as far as I know, not one has failed. Not so for Omron drives which have let me down on more than one occasion (and that from using less than 50)!

Ease of use is not the only consideration when evaluating controls.

regards

Anthony

Last edited:
Anthony

It look like we have difference opinion about Mitsubishi inverters.
I just moved out 12 of them from automatic storage cranes and put Omron instead.
There was a time that Mitsubishi inverters was the only inverter we used.
I can not count how meney of them I used. No more.
Omron never let me down I installed in the last year about 150 units.
all sizes.With out problems.
I keep away from Mitsubishi inverters and PLCs.

Regards

ArikBY said:
Evry time you want to make any changes you need to stop the inverter

But Dear ArikBY, after having worked with this many Mitsu inverter did it never occured to you that you could have read the ****ing manual Ya know RTFM!

I am going with the tangent. I am presently building panels with Toshiba's G7 drives, these drives were selected because of price (were the lowest) and capabilities.

I wasnt sure if the drive could do what was wanted at first but after getting it setup and devicenet connected to the PLC it seems to far exceed expectations.

Naturally the ENABLE will be hardwired into an ESTOP circuit but it will be controlled entirely thru devicenet. So far they seem to be decent units.

I dont know Mitsu at all but many drives if connected to a network or controlled by means other than the keypad, have to have a setting changed to allow access to parameter table.

Like many devices on the market, the price is the BIG factor in the selection.

Mitsubishi like others have there ups and down. I use Toshiba, AB, Mitsu, Omron, and many other brands. They all fit there purposes.

To say that a drive is a piece of $hit is one thing. Relying on arguments to expose some weaknesses is even better. But to claim falsely some feature a drive misses is pure ignorance or incompetence. Pick your choice.

Pierre& Tim Mitsubishi fans

Lets divide my claims for 3 points.
1.Price Mitsubishi inverter was at that time not so expensive, Price is not the reason
to my "shameless " word. Its one more brake in the wall.
2.Reliability Mitsubishi inverter lasts less then others, according to my personal experience.
3.Interface for operator here Mitsubishi fail in big .Even I will read the menu hundred time.
recite the menu in my sleep (which I could do at that time) Its still lousy interface.
I don’t think I should use any device, which take double time for programming.Like I will never buy PLC without on line edits.
You can say I spoilt.but my time more importent for me.
BTW the PLC software MEDOC suffer from a same problems of friendly interface.

MEDOC,
Who still uses this? Ever heard of GPPWIN or GX Developer? When the first computer came out, people thought it was great. Now, you couldn't give them away and when you ask someone about their first computer, they'll probably tell you that it sucked.
I posted my first reply because, I didn't understand what you were talking about with the inverters. I've messed with these in the past and don't remember having to do what you are saying needs to be done to program it. To this day, after looking over the manual again, I still don't know what your talking about. There probably are better drives then these, but when you make a claim against something you better have the information to back it up.