Mitsubishi PLC program download

mike3475

good afternoon:
we had Mitsubishi PLC memory lost.
we got the program from OEM, the program file looks like created by GX Developer, we called Mitsubishi distributor, they only offer to us GX-WORKS3-C1 (which including GX Developer) and GX-WORKS2-FX-C1 (which not including GX Developer).
with GX-WORKS2-FX-C1 we may not able to open the program file, since GX-WORKS2-FX-C1 program file extension is .gxw.
need advice.
thanks in advance!

GXWorks2 will open GXDeveloper files (*.GPJ) just go to Project then open other data, then using the explorer window go to the file & it will open it with what they call GXWorks compatible mode, you need to save it then as a GXW2 file (*.Gd2).

I had similar issues some time ago. The OEM sent me the program and we had to purchase GX Developer. This is the product code of the software I have: SW8D5C-GPPW-E.

Yes it does, I have GXWorks 2 & 3 as well as GXDeveloper, it will be the same as in GXWorks2, If for some reason GXDeveloper does not show up in your task bar open GXWorks3, you will note it does not open other data other than GXIEC & some others, just create another project use something like FX0, then when you go to project import other data it allows you I think it is a little bit of a bug.
I actually had GXDeveloper already loaded so when I installed GXWorks3 I do not know if it creates the link to GXDeveloper.

My advice is to buy GXWorks3, as it is full package. GXW3, GXW2, GXD and many more, including Simulator. Just Simulator is enough to pay difference.