Mitsubishi Problem - EMERGENCY!!!

what is this

I can't believe the children in this forum. i thought this was a stand up place.

and pierre, please, once again, scroll up and read my previous post.

to update those who actually was interested in the situation, the problem was obviously communication related. the mistubishi VFD are absolute garbage. 2 of the 4 had bad communication cards on them, setting parameters is a joke (unless of course you have the attachable keyboard) and one of the 2 the whole drive was trash. While talking w/ support for these i'm being told i needed to put it in network mode, after spending several minutes (another guy as well) scrolling the manual for this mysterious "network mode" i gave up. There is no such thing in this manual. I finally tried setting the parameter (79 for the poor folks who may have to deal with these one day) to 0 for pc communication ( i believe is what it was called ) and it would error out. After trying to repeatedly, and i mean repeatedly to get this parameter set, or the drive into PU mode without it erroring, i finally gave up. While i was pacing just ready to kick the hell out of this panel and tell them they're screwed (customer was due in from canada in about 8 hours to see it operating) the panel builder was screwing around with them and accidentally got parameter 79 set to 0. I'LL BE DAMNED. He had to change it to 3 and then back to 0. These things were very shaky however, you couldn't reset the error clear, or the parameter clear w/o being in PU mode. You couldn't get into PU mode until you set parameter 79 to 0. Give me a break.

So we get it talking, start tweaking PID's (and all the fun that entails) then ready to start it. At this point i'm exhausted and must go home (as i'm not being paid to be there anyway so time for other to earn their keep) and get some sleep, be back in a few hours before customers get there. On my way out there i call and sure enough, the VFD's lost communication. "ok then, i'm going back to bed, bye"

It was a wonderful evening, and the guy i flew up here and is billing me $120/hr to be there, hasn't lifted a finger yet. I love this work, does it get any better?

If anybody would like to compare the Mistubishi program to RsLogix in a "which is better discussion" PLEASE message me, that is the most worthless software i've ever used, and i used windows millenium for a day one time. Are you kidding me after focing a bit you have to go back throught he drop down box (after it shut) and find the bit and force it off? is this a joke? mitsubishi> "lets see how bad you can screw your machine up by it not being ready to force this bit on" (yes the project manager had the plc hooked up live and controlling the oven, and of course the oven isn't even finished being assembled by this point)

anybody needing help with a job, don't ask me if it doesn't involve GE Fanuc or AB.

Thanks alot

Well mr Hardwerk, or is that Mr bad-attitude. I cant help feeling glad that your job was in the sh**.

You post a request for help here then immediately say it has gone somewhere else.
I suppose you thought we were all waiting to jump at the chance to fly down and work for you.

These plc programmers on this site have more work than they can handle.

You then rubbish software and drives because it didnt jump up and bite you.

You also slag Pierre (who by the way, knows more about Mitsu than I ever will)and he would have been the man to get you out of the mire.

Nice introduction to the site eh. We are here to help people learn programming. We do it for free. We are not touting for work, we just like to do this thing.

Sorry if not all of us tugged at our forelocks when you entered.

Hardwerk,
I will second your opinion on the mitsi stuff. I have to deal with it on a daily basis now and have learned my way around it, however the ease of use and learning curve on the RS stuff really makes the price worth it.
Good luck with your project. We have all been there before.
Bob

uhh, thanks for your great reply there, but pierre posted on another thread just flat out acting like a child, so please, get your facts straight before you start in on something you know nothing about.

You post a request for help here then immediately say it has gone somewhere else.
I suppose you thought we were all waiting to jump at the chance to fly down and work for you.

---- I have no idea what in the hell your talking about there. And also, the guys who messaged me, sent me emails, and called me wanting to go on this job, i guess they are some shmucks in your opinion because they needed some work? ya, good job on slamming someone who comes in here to give out jobs to people who are between jobs. i'm sure they appreciate it alot. there are people who only come to this forum looking for work so maybe you should keep your mouth shut about once again, something you know nothing about.

is there not a UK plc forum?

thanks alot bob, and ya i agree, when AB controls as much of the market for plc the resources are obviously much better then the rest. i just don't understand why someone wouldn't use them for that reason alone. More techs, more support, more parts....more sense? :)

Hardwerk,

Read my first post to this thread. I tried to warn you about the Mitsubishi. I spend a week with this unit and when I finally gave up the change-over to the DL204 took one day. Sometimes the customer dosnt know whats good for them.

Regarding the GE, I dont have a problem with them, I just was unfammillar with it at the time and didnt have the time to get the software, setup etc.. But I'm setup for it now..

I prefer the AutomationDirect equipment simply because we dont have to go through hoops to get service and support etc.. Their tech-support actually answers the phone with a live person, and they know the product! I've always been able to solve my probems in short order.

Time is money...

If your looking to expand your horizons check them out. The only problem is that they wont provide quanity discounts.

Eric, is that you on the ADC forum? Whada think of the "FIFO" problem?

i have a teach who works for me that has dealt with automationdirect and as negative as he is haven't heard anything negative about them.

unfortunetly, i VERY rarely get to say what plc to use. this same client has a project right after this one which is, thank god, a AB, but the one after that is about 3-4 times the size of this one and is mistubishi. they are building ovens etc out here and selling them. the companies who are buying the ovens are stating which controls to use. why? i have no idea, i can only assume all their equipment is run by mistu and that is what their operators know. it sucks really bad yes, and now i'm going to have to find a mitsu tech to work more permanetly just for this one company as none of my other clients use it. so all my work load for this one guy will be from this one company, what a risk.

Dont hire...Learn!

I dont consider my self a canadate for MENSA, but I've worked with AutomationDirect, GE, series one, three, and 90-30 etc, Omron, and Idec, and of course the Mitsibishi (just a few times).

On top of that I pay 35 wives, and 7 husbands for me to babysit their spouses for 8 hours a day.

You see..Im the President / Engineer.

Sitting one of your techs down for a week infront of the Mitisibushi would be much less expensive than buying a $100K programmer that your unsure of.

With all due respect..Thats my opinion.

Mike

i appreciate your advice,

and i'm the president as well so we're in the same shoes

my techs are pretty booked up as it is, and if my top 3 clients are going to do what i think they are, i'm going to be hiring several new techs anyway.

but yes, its so frustrating to hire a new guy that isn't proven, even though i only hire people my guys have worked with in the past, they still haven't worked for me :)

Dear Hardwreck,

If you read one post about the 3 solutions I could imagine for you, you will notice one about your techs feeding you a pile of bull.

Lets only take your rant about parameter 79.

You state that it cannot be writen to. OK!

Then by a strange miracle one of your guys did write to it. Do you really beleive this?

If so, I must add one other solution to my list.

Solution 4 - You are either blind or you just don't want to see the light.

A hint. Take a look at parameter 77. It called the "Parameter write disable"

Do you beleive a piece of electronic will just suddenly accept an input if you press often enough on it?

Do you press 5 time on the elevator button so it comes to you sooner?

Its called magic thincking and it usually goes away before one goes to elementary school.

By the way... don't train them, get another tech from the outside, they can't even RTFM

With all due respect

I can't believe the children in this forum.

Hardwerk, your most recent responses seem to be at odds with the statement you made earlier today.

My (totally unsolicited) advice to you is to remind you that the only person whose behavior you can change stares back at you while you shave in the morning. Let the characters who hang around here (among whose company I proudly count myself) be themselves. Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to accept their advice. Sit back and enjoy the ride.