Mitsubishi Problem - EMERGENCY!!!

I hereby declare this thread dead.
ANY FURTHER POSTING SHOULD NOT BE READ.
SORRY GROUP, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
I HOPE THAT IN THE FUTURE OUR NEW MEMBER FROM OK WILL REFRAIN FROM FLAMING EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING, AND JUST ACT IN A BETTER MANNER.

There, now I feel better.

David banghead beerchug :site:

Pierre,

Thanks for the great idea!

Based on the theroy that the hall call button with the most pushes, has more people waiting in the lobby for the elevator...or the most impacient people.

I'll add a counter to each call button, the one with the most pushes will get preference! Better I'll ADD 1 to a memoory regester for each call. The calls with the highest count in the direction preference will get picked up, bypassing the calls with the lowest count.

Keep pushing them buttons....

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Dear Pee-air, and Goofy,

It is my opinion that you guys are not being fair to Hardwork or the PLC community.

The purpose of these boards it to bring the community togeather in a collective effort to assist each other in the endeavor of earning an honest living.

The idea is to engage in a symbiotic relationship with others to assist in solving each others problems, not to jeer or cause more problems for the thread starter. If you can help, than please do so. If you cant or are not here to help than you may consider refraining from bashing the guy in trouble.

I try to help because some day I know I will need help too. If you dont think you will ever need help from anybody for anything than keep on bashing.

All that aside, it's been intertaining.

Wait!!!! This thread can't end until....

I find out how 5-6 PIDs are done with so few analog I/O. One analog ( is it an input or output ) is not enough unless the analog input is multiplexed and the 3 outputs are used to do this. Are the outputs multiplexed too? Do the three digital outputs also multiplex the analog output if there is one? These are the question I first thought of when I read the first post on this thread. I am surprised no one else wondered about this. I guess the problem got lost in all the #$!%+!@....

Oh well, I guess I will just have to stay up at night trying to figure out this riddle.

Peter, this guy is no PLC expert, he must have 3 analog input module and so on.

This is what I tought anyway. :confused:

Pierre,

I have to ask..

Looking at some of your other posts, you seem to be a smart guy,(i mean that in two senses of the word "smart"), and a mitsubishi expert. Instead of flaming this guy, why didnt you offer some assistance?

I probably shouldn't, but...

I step away from my desk for just a sec. and... :mad:

Let's see, Matt (Hardwerk)... You posted THIS THREAD at 7:30pm on Tuesday, asking if anyone was interested in helping you. An hour and a half later, you started this thread, asking for help, but now it's an EMERGENCY.

By the way, you also said "DO NOT BOTHER IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE USA". Can I ask WHY you limited your resources if this was such an EMERGENCY?... :confused:

Yesterday morning, you came back and stated that you found someone. Great! I'm glad you were able to find someone on such short notice... (y)

Later yesterday morning, you were kind enough to come back and let us know more details (we rarely get to hear the outcome around here). In that post, you said you were going to "get some sleep, be back in a few hours before customers get there". Now I understand the EMERGENCY part (and why you seem to be in such a bad mood).

I have read through the posts in both threads and, IMO, don't find any of the responses out of line. Remember that most of us here aren't in the same 'Panic Mode' that you are (except maybe panic mode himself)... :D

Once this job is finished, please come back and re-read this thread with a cool head. You also may want to revisit your "we are a plc programming contracting firm, we don't usually get to specify what plc we get to program" idea. You ARE allowed to tell the customer up front that "We don't have experience with "X" brand PLC"... :nodi:

Mike (elevmike)... Yes, I'm the same Eric. We should have dragged that FIFO topic over here. It's soooo much easier to discuss stuff in THIS forum. Kudos to you for sticking with it over there. You and Bob came up with a great solution!... (y)

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. to Mike... Don't get involved with the bickering around here (like I just did)... shutit

Pierre might have to send Tin-Tin over to 'soil' your front lawn... :D

As bizarre as it may seem I did try to help him.

Just read his posts. The problem he has as nothing to do with Mitsubishi. It all comes back to his technicians.

He says in introduction that they have a combine work expertise of 30 years.

Who cares which brand they use. If they had used Mitsu or any other brand I still would have made this no so subtile comment about them being brain dead.

Whenever we get in hot water with a "new" brand, wether its an AC drive or a PLC, we have to go back to our knowledge of what is a PLC. We have to BE the PLC.

Of course Mitsu is a piece of garbage. So they say and there opinion should be respected IF they can mention me a rational reason for it. What apeared here was sort'a like a discussion at the local bar.

After anything more than 10 years programming PLCs, one should be able to switch to another brand without having to desperatly fly down some experts.

I can imagine his technician telling him all the **** they want to justify there very poor hunderstanding of what is a PLC.

They had problems with the PID, I even doubt they know what it really is. On the Mitsu site there is a book about programming PID in this Q serie PLC. It has an example, complete with the exact ladder logic drawings and explaination of ALL the Registers and there contents.

This poor fellow goes on trying to proove he is wright with this parameter 79. It only shows he is not up to the job. And the mather of fact is that he should not be. He has employes that should know this stuff. Not the Mitsu Inverter stuff. The stuff that shines a light when a drive will not accept a change in parameter. THEY MUST BE LOCKED! They almost all have this option in them, don't they.

If he would have said that he has a young inexperienced team and he needed a few hints it would be OK but IMHO for the better of his business he should first slap these 30-years-of-combine-experience-guys on the head with the instruction manual and warn them that if they make him look a fool again they loose there job.

First thing in automation is honesty. Lives are often at risk. Don't mess with this.

If he does not solve his technical expertise problems them problems will surface one way or the other. What $hitty PLC will it be next? Modicon? Siemens? AD?

In ALL companies, the biggest problems ALWAYS comes from inside...never outside.

Eric, Peirre, Goody, Hardwork, and all..

I hereby officially declare that this is my very last post to this thread. I must do this because it no longer involves problem solving, which is my purpose in life. Therefore to have meaning to my life I must now move on, as hard as it may be. bawling

Eric,
Your post here was well put.

Regarding the FIFO problem; Were still mopping up some details regarding the interface to the field equipment (bin switches & valves) I dont think this guy really has any experience. I suspect this due to the fact that he asked how to use the i/o to load and move the stack (a very basic issue). Regardless I will assist as best I can. Bob has been great! Hats off to you for pointing out that the stack had to be "compressed".

It was a great thread, and now I'm going to bed.

Seeya all on some other Thread!