Module Has Blinking Green Light Indicating Its The Flow Meter

THEBOSS1011 said:
Question if I have a spare channel on that module cant I just hook the 2 wires to the spare or would it need to be configured

Yes you could do this..however..yes it wopuld need to be configured and the program would have to be changed to look for the values in the right place.. If you are not a PLC Guy then dont do this!! It could create major headaches if the values are referneced from more than one PLC..

Have you tried reversing the polarity at the I/O module? I've had AB analog cards that I thought were wired up correctly have open channel status. Reversing the leads sometimes is the answer.

I've had a single analog input fail as a result of a lightening strike. It's quite possible that whatever fried the meter initially.. also took out the input..
I'd recommend finding where that input is in the logic.. and switching the logic to using a spare input. Then hook the meter up to the new input. Typically (or .. hopefully).. they mov'd the input value to an integer and used the integer in the logic. That way you only have to change the single occurrence.
I did this months ago and it worked fine.

Good luck!

4-20 ma monitoring

Hi
Just connect the ( out ) lead of Flow to Ameter and the other lead of Ameter to input modul.
If current not read that means the wire broken.

regards

hanung