More Frustrations with Siemens.

I believe Siemens have got it right - see the following from Wikipedia -

In computing, floating point describes a system for representing numbers that would be too large or too small to be represented as integers.

I am looking at the on line help again

FLOATING_POINT DOES WORK but I don't know how I would figure it out. Even when I put the cursor on "FLOATING_POINT" and hit F1 I get a screen that says..
"Example of Display Formats with Double Word Addresses"
The screen gives examples for HEX,DEC BIN CHAR REAL TIME TIMEOFDAY and POINTER. Notice that the example shows REAL and not FLOATING POINT and this is when I have my cursor on the "Display Format" section and hit F1!!

Now I guess I am supposed to remember this and where all the other S7 land mines are two years from now.

This isn't a cultural thing. It is poor programming, documentation and quality control.

Screen shot 2011-01-24 at 10.04.19 AM.jpg