Most Commonly Used PLC Brand for automation

I have searched forum regarding this topic and have noticed no recent comments. We are reviewing adding to a specifications another brand of PLC. We have used several by customer specs but Rockwell has been the leading. We are an OEM equipment provider and our current market is the medical/pharm industry.
Due to competitive market Rockwell is being squeezed and we are looking at Seimens as an alternative. Communication and software use between the PLC and HMI is a strong consideration. Rockwell PLC/HMI still requires two software packages and commication between the two is not an easy drag and drop. Must of our system average around 20-30 input 20-30 outputs with both analog and digital.
SO..... the question is this....
Seimens vs Rockwell any input?

If cost is driving you down the road of change, you could look at CoDeSys based systems.

Rockwell PLC/HMI still requires two software packages
So does Siemens. The softwares may be wrapped inside a container (Simatic Manager or TIA Portal), but in reality it is a collection of software modules. And who cares ? Important is if the software works.

and commication between the two is not an easy drag and drop.
That is done in 1 minute. Surely it is of little importance for selecting an entire platform.

We use Siemens now (used to be both Siemens and Rockwell), but what you wrote does not sound as good reasons for choosing Siemens over Rockwell.

My employer is phasing Koyos, GE 90-30's, & GE VersaMax and replacing them with GE R3Xi. We are also replacing GE Versamax Micros, GE Series 90, & Z-World RTUs with a low voltage Yokogawa FCN. I think we are making it a point to use obscure controllers.....