Motor Current Monitor - 3 phases/1 input

bluenoser337

Is anyone aware of a device that will measure the amps on 3 motor phases and provide an "average" value on a 4-20mA signal. I have a number of motors to monitor, and I could put a CT on every phase of each motor, but I don't have enough analog PLC inputs. Looking for a device that measures all phases, but only needs a single A/I. A nice addition would be if it also measured imblanace, phase voltages, etc and gave a digital signal for that (good/not good). Not looking for something with serial comms...simply an I/O connected device. Thanks!

Try your local electrical contractor for a 3 phase monitoring system. They come in various flavors and models.
about $300 each, but that was several years ago. If they don't know what your asking for, explain to them in detail what you want.

regards,
james