Moxa N-port Serial server 5110A - NAT

moistcat

Hi All,

I have set up a Moxa NPort serial server for an application. Unfortunately the environment requires NAT forwarding between 2 systems

RedLion DA50 NAT Config:
- TCP + UDP
- Bidirectional
- Masquerade: enabled
- Gateway symmetry: ignore
- Whitelist: None

Telnet, Ping and Remote COM port are working fine across the NAT.
MOXA web interface is not working and returns "Bad Request".
Web interface can be accessed from the Moxa local network.

Any ideas? Other devices behind the NAT are displaying web interface without issue.

Last edited:
THis is a capture from the outbound side of the NAT (RadLion) gateway.
10.0.x.118 is redlion
10.0.1.223 is NAT'd through to 10.0.0.104.

Ive noted that the "Host" parameter in the HTTP request has not been updated with the NAT'd address. I'm guessing that Moxa developers have coded the webserver to compare it with the DEST IP parameter..

xoaUNrIj3A.png

Just spitballing

Unsafe-inline image is in the capture, that's possibly a false positive from some security device in the path. Is there a firmware update for the device?