Multiple ENBT's in Controllogix Rack

hooter32

Hi all, I'm experimenting with using 2 1756-ENBT's in a single control logix backplane. My purpose is to eventually isolate some of my remote I/O on some of my systems to it's own network and off the overly populated plant network. ENBT_1 has an IP of 192.168.4.254. ENBT_2 has an IP of 10.0.0.1. In the IO tree I have added a powerflex 70 under ENBT_2 and assigned an IP of 10.0.0.2. I can communicate with processor via ENBT_1 and view and control both the ENBT_2 and the VFD. The issue I'm having is viewing anything using linx under ENBT_2. if I go to the drive properties page in the IO tree, select the far right tab, "Drive", I cannot connect to the drive. Linx appears and cannot find the drive because I assume it has a different IP than my laptop. I would like this to work so I can use automatic configuration feature. Any ideas?

What RSLinx driver are you using? To do this you'll have to use the regular Ethernet driver, not the Ethernet/IP driver.

I've tried using both drivers. I'm still having problems seeing the second Ethernet module with the different IP address. I can see it though the backplane, just not through linx. I may have to set up NAT on a managed switch. I've attached a screenshot showing the IO tree and the popup screen trying to connect to the drive.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Linx appears and cannot find the drive because I assume it has a different IP than my laptop.

I don't know for sure but think your on the right tracks here. In RSLinx you can setup your E/IP driver to browse a remote (as opposed to local) subnet. You could try adding a new driver for a remote subnet for your 10.. range

I don't have a live system in front of me and after I set it up, I don't do it for awhile, and I forget. o_O. But I as I remember, you need to right click below the ethernet card icon, where it shows a + and then you need to manually add the I.P. addresses of the devices that you want to browse to.

See technote:

26787 - Using Two Ethernet Bridge Modules to Create a Routed Ethernet Network

Your welcome. I use it when I need to configure a VFD that's on a separate EN2T (for I/O) from the comm EN2T.