My trend works when I test it in the PC but not when I download it in my PanelView.

xmisax

Well, as I wrote it in the title, I'm working on a HMI, is a PanelView 1000, for this I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio ME.
the matter is, I have a trend, it just have one pen, I use it to monitor the current of a motor, and looks nice and everything, the problem is, I need it to keep a track of the data for... at least 3 days. When I go to the display in the panelview, the trend starts displaying the data but when I change to other display the trend starts again, but what I need it to do is to keep showing all the data.
I already set a Data log and I already added the tags, I double checked for typos and any other rookie mistakes but I just can not figure out what's not working because, when I test the application on my pc it works fine, I can't switch displays and return to the trend and is still showing the data and everything but when I download it on the PanelView well, you know. I heard some comments about that I need an extra memory or something, but I'm not sure, I want to stor it in the internal memory.
If you have some idea of what could be doing wrong it'd be very useful.
as you may notice, English is not my native language so... sorry for the awful grammar.

The first thing to look at is your test method. The "Test Display" feature (the "Play" button) only tests the current Display and does not actually test the Data Log Model. You must use the Test Runtime (the "Running Man" icon) to actually test the Data Log Model.

The Data Log Model needs to be configured to start when the application starts, too.

When you perform a Test Runtime, you can also look at the FactoryTalk diagnostic window to find out if the Data Log is starting successfully.

Do the same thing on the PanelView; create a button that opens up the [DIAGNOSTIC] window and you will be able to see if there are errors related to the starting of the Data Log Model.

There was a bug in some firmware 5.10.x terminals that made the Data Log Model not run correctly. There were always errors in the [DIAGNOSTICS] page showing that the tags weren't being scanned by the Data Log. What firmware revision are you using ?

What version ME, v7? Reason I ask, I just encountered this same problem yesterday and I'm using v7. Datalog works on local machine, but fails on PV+. Sent to RA and we are in the middle of finding the reason. This was also a problem on some older firmware like Ken mentioned.

James

Ken Roach, I already run the application in my PC (with the running man icon) and works fine.
Y check the the box in the start up menu to start the data log when the application starts.
The diagnostic says that everything is working fine.
I'm working with the FactoryTalk ME 7.0 but I'm creating my application in the 5.1 vesion, that may be the problem u.u

Widelto, I set the location as a default in the data log properties, I read that if you set is a default it takes the memory of the PV

I had the same problem as well, on the trend object properties box under diplay tab do you have the allow scrolling box checked and continuous scroll chosen? In addition make sure the display scale and the time span is set up under x-axis tab.