NAUAS fault in ISTACK S5

volvo123

Hello!

I have a problem with the PLC going in to Stop-mode and the only thing I can find that seems to be wrong is NAUAS (power failure in central controller) in the ISTACK. What does it mean and what can be the cause?

The fault bits in section 1 are fault bits NAU(AS) means power failure check power supply & boards are correctly slotted in frame, this probably means that the PSU is faulty or the processor card has dicky pins or sockets on backplane or even a dry joint on the plugs/sockets try cleaning the boards (processor /psu plugs & check for bad solder joints or if you have a spare psu try replacing it.

Hi!
We located the fault. It was a PSU in a decentralised PLC rack, we replaced it and after that no problem. Thanks anyway :)