Need help configuring 1734-OE4C analog out modules

wildswing

I'm having trouble configuring my 1734-OE4C 4ch analog out modules. I've read the docs but details on configuration is sketchy at best, at least what I can find.

If I leave the output module's channel low and high engineering values at their default of 1638 & 8191, all seems ok. I type in a value of 4915 and get close to 12 mA out. If I change those limits to 0 and 1000, which is what I want, and type in 500, the channel goes to 0 mA out. Everything else in the modules config has been left at the default value.

This over CNet. 1734-ACNR is set up as rack optimized because of a mix of analog out and discrete out.

What am I missing here?

I don't have this hardware handy to test, but be sure that there's been a reset of the I/O Connection after you change the Engineering Units values. The Configuration assembly only gets sent to the module on connection establishment (or if you specifically command it).

You can do this by power cycling the adapter, removing and inserting the POINT module, or just sending a Reset command using the Module Info tab on the 1734 configuration applet.

The Rack Optimized connection handles the discrete modules; your 1734-OE4C needs a Module connection of its own, with its own RPI, and a good ControlNet schedule. I expect that if it's sending an output at all that you have the network properly scheduled.

Update:

Getting closer. Resetting power to the adapter seemed to do the trick.

Now I have another issue. I have all channels configured as 0 - 1000 engineering units. I would expect 0 to produce 4 mA, but I only get 2.3. 1000 is closer, making 19.9 mA,

I went through a calibration, using the calibration wizard on the calibration tab of the modules configuration, as well as reading instructions for doing it on a 2 channel card with DeviceNet as reference. Mine's ControlNet. I went through the steps, using a 250 ohm load resister, allowing the wizard to generate what it thought was 4 and 20 mA output for each channel. I entered the measured values as it asked and closed the wizard. I then cycled power to the adapter.

I'm still only getting 2.3 mA when I enter zero.

What am I doing wrong? What's the correct procedure?

Last edited: