Need help on Profibus-DP

raul_vaze

We have around 140 MOV connected on profibus-DP in a ring topology(typical distance is around 1.5 kms) . These MOV will be connected to Schneider module 140 CRP-811 which is quantum module for Profibus connectivity . In the data sheet of that module it is written to supprt a max of 126 devices(32 max/node) . Can anybody pls help as to how can i connect these devices to the module

Use two modules and put 70 on each one.
Dont forget to use repeaters.

But what is the term 32/segment mean . How can i have different segments connected to my profibus card and can i have my CRP-811 card as master and MOV as slave ????

Profibus limit is 126 devices per system which is why you'd need two masters. Each segment can only have 32 devices in it, before you need to add a repeater.

total distance between CRP module(Schneider module supporting Profibus) and the last MOV(Motorised Operated valve) is around 1.5 km

Profibus limit is 126 devices per system which is why you'd need two masters. Each segment can only have 32 devices in it, before you need to add a repeater.

Thanks RGB but does this mean that a single segment can go to support around 70 devices if i add a repeater after every 32 devices . Do u have any information about any site on web that gives me information about the same

Thanks RGB but does this mean that a single segment can go to support around 70 devices if i add a repeater after every 32 devices .

Some basics:
- A PROFIBUS network can contain 127 PROFIBUS devices
- You can divide the network in segments by using repeaters
- Each segment can contain 32 devices (including the repeaters!)

You can put a maximum of 124 MOV's on one master if you make enough segments, so you need two masters for all your MOV’s. I don’t know that Schneider module, but most PLC’s can have several PROFIBUS networks.

If you want a ring topology you will need to work with a fiber network. Each fiber OLM can be considered as a repeater.