Need Help PLease !!! in a bad way

that copy zero to DF4 must have been a nice surprise for you before your programmer quit.

u couldnt offer the programmer some money just to finish the project before they left?

Its my nieces freaking new husband !!! GO FIGURE

ok, well then talk to your neice... confince the wife, control the man. lmao

LOL , well I tried removing that DAC2V 0 and NO LUCK !!

the problem seems to be a reset or set issue when changing screens BEFORE a process is done , meaning that the previous process did NOT finish.

ok so i was looking at the code, theres alot of talk of a recipe. so i think we should look at what process you are trying to accomplish and go from there more detail = better chance of fixing it

ok so i was looking at the code, theres alot of talk of a recipe. so i think we should look at what process you are trying to accomplish and go from there more detail = better chance of fixing it

we just added the RAMP function , all other functions worked before this was added ( recipes , manual mode , edit user recipes , cycles ) now ASR ( ramp function ) has been added .

Failure mode : run the ASR ( ramp ) and stop it before it is finished , change screens to recipe or manual mode and try to run it , the output DA2V ( analog #2 ) will not function properly , either 0 volts output or sporadic output.
So it seems to be a reset or set that is screwing it up or is missing .

IF I run the ramp all the way through it seems to work , this only seems to happen when it has been stopped before it is finished with its cycle.

IF I run the ramp after it has been stopped or screws up after a screen change and let it run though the whole thing the next time it works fine \

Hope this helps .

Failure mode : run the ASR ( ramp ) and stop it before it is finished , change screens to recipe or manual mode and try to run it , the output DA2V ( analog #2 ) will not function properly , either 0 volts output or sporadic output.
So it seems to be a reset or set that is screwing it up or is missing .

IF I run the ramp all the way through it seems to work , this only seems to happen when it has been stopped before it is finished with its cycle.

IF I run the ramp after it has been stopped or screws up after a screen change and let it run though the whole thing the next time it works fine

This is a shot in the dark, perhaps the classic subroutine problem of not exiting the sub before all the proper coils are set/reset are in the proper mode is the issue. I have taken the liberty of rearranging the subroutine call to allow for a one scan delay before exiting.

I don't know this equipment so maybe it's inherent, but operation depending on the active screen seems like a bad design decision. At least that's what I gather from the description. What changes in the program when you switch screens?

This is a shot in the dark, perhaps the classic subroutine problem of not exiting the sub before all the proper coils are set/reset are in the proper mode is the issue. I have taken the liberty of rearranging the subroutine call to allow for a one scan delay before exiting.

Thanks man !! we will test this out , I think you may be right on this one !!!!

Damn no luck ! still has the same problem where the timer and ramp interact if stopped during a run . I DO Appreciate the help / effort !!

Failure mode : run the ASR ( ramp ) and stop it before it is finished , change screens to recipe or manual mode and try to run it , the output DA2V ( analog #2 ) will not function properly , either 0 volts output or sporadic output. .

still has the same problem where the timer and ramp interact if stopped during a run . I DO Appreciate the help / effort !!

What were you expecting the output to be? Where you left off? Both time and amplitude of analog output?

What were you expecting the output to be? Where you left off? Both time and amplitude of analog output?

What happens is that the output will not change to the proper voltage during the first run IF I change screens before the function finishes ( I.E.) RUn ASR or the ramp and stop it mid stream then change screens to say MAnual mode ( sets the outputs manually ) the timer starts from the time of the previous screen , also If I run a recipe ( diff. screen ) the output will not change until I run a full ASR or manual cycle .

SO something is not being reset when leaving the screen or function , I think it is 2 things A. timer B. DAC2V output

What happens is that the output will not change to the proper voltage during the first run IF I change screens before the function finishes ( I.E.) Run ASR or the ramp and stop it mid stream then change screens to say MAnual mode ( sets the outputs manually ) the timer starts from the time of the previous screen , also If I run a recipe ( diff. screen ) the output will not change until I run a full ASR or manual cycle .

SO something is not being reset when leaving the screen or function , I think it is 2 things A. timer B. DAC2V output

I don't know this equipment so maybe it's inherent, but operation depending on the active screen seems like a bad design decision. At least that's what I gather from the description. What changes in the program when you switch screens?

+1

How many I/O are we talking about here?
How complex of a machine?

I would rewrite the whole thing from scratch (assuming you can't control the man...)...
before I would invest hours and hours trying to get inside someone else's mind well enough to modify their code, without a full understanding.

Logic in the HMI (all videogames aside) controlling real world outputs is a red flag that says to me "start over".

Just my 2 cents.