Need help with basic

crink

I have a slc 5/04 (1747-L541C). I have a 1746-BAS 5/02 in the rack. I have 2 automation direct EZtouch screens. I have no problem programming the plc to control my aquariums, but I wanted to use the BAS module to control the 2 touch screens. Can someone give me simple code I can enter into the BAS module to control the 2 touch screens using 232 by reading and writing to the B3 files? If not can someone give me a better way to do this? I want to leave the programming port on the processor to keep my computer connected for modifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I am a BASIC ignorant!!

The HMI screens have to be connected directly to the CPU, not the BASIC module. an HMI is not 'controlled by' the PLC. Instead the HMI makes requests from the PLC for information.