Need help with RSlogix Micro Starter, Rslinx and Windows 7

ok download Rslinx 2.57 and it was set to application . Now when I open up RSLogix Micro Starter no Driver shows up but I did check for my driver in RSLinx. What am I missing ??

Thanks

RA must have seen this thread (wishful thinking) as they have updated their Software Update web site with version 8.30 which does offer Windows 7 support.

Unfortunately, the site (support.rockwellautomation.com) requires a serial # to download.

The normal product page that is freely available:
http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

Still has version 8.10. I did download from there just to be sure and it is indeed v8.1. Worth checking back over the next few days to see if it gets updated there.

OG

Run it on the virtual XP machine you can get for Win7-32 or 64(not including basic Win7 versions). Do check first or you'll be sorry. Also the Intel processor must support virtualizations for that machine. Many(all core-2 duo) laptop processors and lower end ones do not support virtualization and will not run the machine under Win 7...perhaps another virual environment may. You can run several operating sytems at the same time; all using the same NIC and all having different IP address bound to that NIC....IPX/SPX works in the XP machine even though Win7 is completely unaware of that protocol....it simply passes the raw packets along...Anyhow, I run a dual Xeon 64 bit with Win7 Ult. and the XP virtual...all of the software you mention works just fine. If I were AB or anyone else I wouldn't bother targetting the latest and greatest...it's colossal waste of time.

The requirement that your CPU support hardware virtualization was removed after much outcry.

Unfortunately AB and others do need to support the latest and greatest until virtualization is built-in to the O/S. That is one of the rumors for Win 8. Until then, Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode are stop gap solutions.

OG