New here and need some SLC 500 help

Marc said:
RSlinx lite is free. Not a bad price
icon7.gif
Marc

Just seen that. I downloaded it on my home computer. I guess I'll try that first before I buy expensive stuff.

The latest version is 2.50, does not work with a PIC and W2K/XP any better then other versions.

I may be wrong but have formed my own conclusion that you have no clue what you are doing. Other things have made me think you obtained the position by having possession of a laptop with something others could use, not sure the laptop was obtained legally because the info provided suggests otherwise.

That said, I will not provide any more info.

Actually the advice to use linx 2.4 was given to me on this forum. Your right as I stated in one of my first posts, I'm fairly new to this, I've worked my way up to where I'm at, I'm still fairly young and am not around the knowledge of senior electricians that I once was. Thats why I'm here and trying to learn by asking questions. Yes sometimes I ask more than others but in the end I will know more than you because of that. I wasnt aware that you had to have a certain level of knowledge before you posted here, sorry. Next time someone asks me about welding or machining or something mechanical on a machine maybe I'll consider there skill level before I decide on what I'll say to them. As far as the laptop goes, it belonged to a company that closed its doors, an engineer that worked there still had it and gave it to me. I also looked on line today and found out on the Rockwell website where I can change the registration information. That said I did not get this position because I had this laptop. I got this job because I'm good at what I do which is not just PLC's or electrical its everything. I also got this job way before I got this laptop and I got this laptop because I'm good to the people I meet and work with. Sorry I infringed on your almightyness, maybe its better you dont provide anymore info your the type of person I usually stay away from anyway. No disrespect to anyone else who has helped me and answered my questions, it is very much appreciated and so was yours rsdoran up to this point.