new with PLC!

Jubail, you still have not asked a question. Precisely what do you need help with? Don't expect anyone here to submit a program listing to complete your assignment for you. Even if someone did, would you be able to examine it critically to determine if it actually fulfilled the terms of the specification?

Surgeon

Both bullets will hit the ground at the same time, if I remember my physics correctly. Because once the bullet leaves the barrel of the rifle no outside force except gravity is acting upon the bullet. Since F=ma (force =mass x acceleration) and the acceleration of gravity can be assumed to be constant, and the mass of the bullets are equal....

Oops, didnt read through all the posts, but the Surgeon is the boy's mother...

Last edited:
I've been trying all day long to do it, but so far I couldn't. Could you help me with the beignning of the program. You know, hints or tips. how to translate the words to a PLC.

sure, create a detailed list of I/O and think about logic (make a flowchart), then implement it piece by piece. if any of this is too dificult, just ask for help.

geniusintraining said:
Yes anything...

There was a scale just before the bridge... the truck with the driver weight was 5000, if it was 5000 and 1oz then the bridge would drop like a rock...

Geez, doesn't anyone build in a safety factor anymore??

:)

jubail said:
I've been trying all day long to do it, but so far I couldn't. Could you help me with the beignning of the program. You know, hints or tips. how to translate the words to a PLC.

Hint? Hmmm, let's see... How about a link to about a JaZillion hits for State Machines on the InterToobs?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=state+machines+vending+machine

Or do yourself a favor and buy yourself a copy of Bebop to the Boolean Boogie.

BttBB has a perfect example of what you are looking for. I suggest that you plop down the $3.99 and get yourself a copy. Heck, the Gumbo recipe is worth at least that much. :)

It's an incredible book, and you'll thank me later.

http://www.amazon.com/Bebop-Boolean-Boogie-Unconventional-Fundamentals/dp/1878707221

Okay, hint #2.

Candy_Bar_1.PNG

Bob A. said:
They hit the ground at the same time! Now what is the time difference if the gun if fired upward ?

NONE. The only force bringing both bullets down is gravity. It is constant so both bullets stay in the air the same time. The only thing you change by changing angle of gun is distance.

Dan Bentler

I remember a nice follow up on that bullet question:

True, they should land at the same time, by the book..
If you don't ignore the curvature of the Earth, the fired one will fly longer..
But the most probable case would be the fired bullet hiting someting on his way (a house, a tree, anything..), thus the dropped bullet "wins".

So, theory is not to be taken for granted..

More importantly aerodynamic effects (lift) from the shape and rifling. You've also got air resistance that's proportional to the velocity squared, which differs with the angle. The theory works better in a vacuum.

m_turk said:
I remember a nice follow up on that bullet question:

True, they should land at the same time, by the book..
If you don't ignore the curvature of the Earth, the fired one will fly longer..
But the most probable case would be the fired bullet hiting someting on his way (a house, a tree, anything..), thus the dropped bullet "wins".

So, theory is not to be taken for granted..