new with PLC!

harryting said:
My program don't have bugs... just undocumented features.
We all have those.
If you're working on your own program its a feature.
If you're working on someone else's its a bug.
Some of the equipment here is so old that the original software author is dead.o_O

What if the Father and the Son were the same person?
I considered that possibility, but it does not exactly work because the original statement says "A son and father WERE in a bad car wreck." "Were" is a plural passive verb form, indicating two or more subjects.

Often we are asked to make a machine "work like this: (followed by somebody's ambigeous word description)". Word puzzles are good practice for figuring out all of the possible Boolean logic combinations for PLC programs.

If it said "A son, and father, had a bad car wreck" then it could be argued that it may have been only one man that got smashed. If it could be one man (who is both a son and a father) or two males (a son and a father), then how many possible correct answers are there?

Last edited:
I never thought once that a simple little hi-jack would turn into this...:whistle:

oh but wait.... I do remember this

I did also have a bit to do with that as well :confused:

--------------------------------------
On another note.... Lancie1 you have way to much time to spare :D

On another note.... Lancie1 you have way to much time to spare
I do have lots of spare time. I invested my earnings while I was young, then let the power of compound interest go to work for me. I am glad to say that I haven't had to work since age 42, and that is about 25 years ago!

Lancie1 said:
...I am glad to say that I haven't had to work since age 42...

Very nice! :) you should be proud of that..

someday maybe.... I will be able to say the same, but for now it 90-100hrs a week, but as long as I can still enjoy it is fun getting there.

50hrs a week at my real job (the one that pays me) then another 50 at the one I pay to work there :)

Lancie1 said:
I considered that possibility, but it does not exactly work because the original statement says "A son and father WERE in a bad car wreck." "Were" is a plural passive verb form, indicating two or more subjects.

Often we are asked to make a machine "work like this: (followed by somebody's ambigeous word description)". Word puzzles are good practice for figuring out all of the possible Boolean logic combinations for PLC programs.

If it said "A son, and father, had a bad car wreck" then it could be argued that it may have been only one man that got smashed. If it could be one man (who is both a son and a father) or two males (a son and a father), then how many possible correct answers are there?

:cry:

I'm sure the homework assignment was already due. I guess we will have to wait for another assignment to find out if this thread was helpful to the OP:confused: .

Or maybe it was the frustration of no one doing the complete assignment for the OP.

My new hero (for today anyway, I have many)...
Lancie1 said:
I do have lots of spare time. I invested my earnings while I was young, then let the power of compound interest go to work for me. I am glad to say that I haven't had to work since age 42, and that is about 25 years ago!

Quote:

A son and father, where in a bad car wreck.

The ambulance driver brings the boy into the emergency room and tells them that he needs emergency surgery (he was in a bad car wreck)

So the nurse calls the doctor “we need to perform surgery asap”

The doctor says “I can’t perform surgery on him, he is my son”

How is this possible?

apart from the given possabilities:

a) Since it was not stated that the father - doctor had any injuries: it could be that the nurse didn't have the info and came to him when he arrived with his son.
b) a very good chance that a very young father is reffered as the boy who got injured, the son is just a baby, and the doctor is the baby's grandpa.
c) look under b) but the doctor is baby's grandma.

d) the (male or female) doctor's son crashed into "father and son".

Are there any more, Lancie1?