NON RUDE JUNOIRS - DO's & DONT'S

you know, I thought young people laziness was a problem only in my country, but now I see it´s spread everywhere. I´m 55, but before asking a question I prefer looking up several places before doing so.

Human nature is the same everywhere and all the time, I guess. I remember when I was in college all the old timers complaining about how easy us "kids" had it, and how we didn't know what hard work was, and .......

Of course, the difference is that if I had asked for help of the type and in the way some of these sprouts do, I'd have gotten a swift kick in the backside. And, instead of suing, I'd have realized I had it coming and made sure I didn't give them an excuse to do it again.

Looking for more inputo_O
If I may be permitted:

Do post a reply when you get whatever it is fixed. It helps others to know what worked and what didn't. Besides, it's just good manners. (Too many people these days on forums like this act they ain't got no proper fetchin' up.)

Don't put up your question using text mail shorthand. I, for one, will not even read it. I'm not much use around here lately but, hey, you never know.

Do make an attempt at proper speling.

Do try to construct actual English sentences. Sloppy grammar is hard to read and extract the thought from and it indicates sloppy thinking, to me anyway.

Don't expect an answer right away. The one person who has the answer may be at work or chipping away at the 'honey do...' list, or ....

I remember when I was in college all the old timers complaining about how easy us "kids" had it, and how we didn't know what hard work was, and .......
In my case it weren't even the old timers who were complaining. It was the time when electronic calculators became common practice (late 70's) and I was the last one in class who didn't have one. So to let the exams be fair for everyone, we all had to use our logarithm tables to do the calculus. Whenever I meet a class mate of that time, they still are remembering that fact.

It didn't do me any wrong however. Up to now, I'm still able to use these logarithm tables without any problem. So I'm the only one having no problems when that f***ing battery in the calculator is dead :mad:

Kind regards,

Do make an attempt at proper spelling.

Sorry Doug-P, couldn't resist :D

I would add:

DO use grammar checking when available.

DO search for grammar checking if it isn't available yet in your browser or write your question first in a word processing application and check the grammar there.

This two rules might be a big help to you, especially if English is not your native language (as in my case).

Kind regards,

No hurt feelings. Believe it or not that one was entirely intentional.

Have a good day!

p.s. Allowances can be made for grammatical errors by non-English speakers, my point in the above post was directed mainly at the native speaker (who should know better).

Last edited:
No hurt feelings. Believe it or not that one was entirely intentional.
Now I get it. This was indeed a good way to point out the need for correct spelling to native English speaking people.

For me as a non-native English speaker it simply looked as a spelling mistake. This shows my lack of understanding of the finer nuances in the English language. I'm sorry for that.

Kind regards,

the number of times i hit the wrong key when typing -
Sorry Doug-p
Yes you can have a 'speling' erro

BUT not in PLC Tag LIST

Its ok guys

Now I get it. This was indeed a good way to point out the need for correct spelling to native English speaking people.

For me as a non-native English speaker it simply looked as a spelling mistake. This shows my lack of understanding of the finer nuances in the English language. I'm sorry for that.

Kind regards,

The majority of recent graduates in the USA woodn't noe if it was mispelt or knot.

Can't we all just get along? :) I can see where the Senior rudeness can hurt some of the younger fella’s feelings since the norm today is don’t say anything that might cause permanent damage to ones feelings. Youth today want everything handed to them on a platter and how will the world ever survive if one does not make an attempt to at least try. I have 5 children and they always want me to do for them I force them to think and do for themselves. Not to be rude but for their own benefit. I guess you can say I am rude too after one asks me many times over to do this for me or can you do that. Can you make code for me so I can paste in my project and get a paycheck? The problem isn’t that youth is not willing to do an honest day’s work they just want a week’s pay for it.

Kind regards,

Speling - which is what this is all about - looked up and found no referance - so I conclude it was a simple spelling mistake. I did not even see it. I do not worry too much about spelling and typos - if they are important - I have someone else look for them - it is too hard to find your own mistakes.

IF he was trying to point out that spelling errors can lead ot the wrong words he should have used a better example such as
- to, too, and two.
A spell checker will not pick up to or too or two when improperly used since they are words on their own.

I am not too picky about those who did not grow up speaking English so give them lots of latitude and take some more time figuring out what they are trying to say.

What I find appallig is some of the grammar from those in USA who I ASSUME are native born English speakers. Typoes I do not care about.
Dan Bentler

Last edited:
You would think after so many years of the "forum" concept having been around that people would know the etiquitte on how to use them. I believe that many either don't care or don't know which is a shame because they can be a wealth of solid, reliable knowledge. Forum etiquitte should almost be a graduation pre-requisite for high school, in my opinion.
Unfortunately some people tend to be a tad snobbish when it comes to forums. It can ruin a noobs experience and turn them off and keep them from the answers or help they are genuinely seeking. I'm not sure there is a cure all to poor forum etiquitte, we just have to be patient and understanding and do our best to educate those individuals so that they may become contributing members of our forums. That's my .02 cents!

Can't we all just get along? :) I can see where the Senior rudeness can hurt some of the younger fella’s feelings since the norm today is don’t say anything that might cause permanent damage to ones feelings. Youth today want everything handed to them on a platter and how will the world ever survive if one does not make an attempt to at least try. I have 5 children and they always want me to do for them I force them to think and do for themselves. Not to be rude but for their own benefit. I guess you can say I am rude too after one asks me many times over to do this for me or can you do that. Can you make code for me so I can paste in my project and get a paycheck? The problem isn’t that youth is not willing to do an honest day’s work they just want a week’s pay for it.

What's this 'weeks pay' - i think the Annual Sallary.

The originator of this thread obviously acnnot speel and shouts.
Good on you Ian!