NON RUDE JUNOIRS - DO's & DONT'S

Maybe I should change one of the do's

DO shout quietly
DO make spleeleeng mistakes
DO spell tags correctly

Is this thread a direct response to the "Senior Rudeness?" Just wondering...I was/am one of the junior who has left out info in my request for help. I think i have selected the correct name on this forum....

Is this thread a direct response to the "Senior Rudeness?" Just wondering...I was/am one of the junior who has left out info in my request for help. I think i have selected the correct name on this forum....

It was suggested by Peter - so I posted it
Yes it is a direct response

I can take mis-spelings and bad english as long as the person asking the question does not believe that they are owed a response.

Most people should see this site as a site where they can interact with other programmers/engineers/bubba's in a professional manner.

I can't stand people who think that the world owes them answers. State your questions with a little bit of humility and graciousness. That obviously includes a willingness to do some research prior to even posting your question.

I can take mis-spelings and bad english as long as the person asking the question does not believe that they are owed a response.

Most people should see this site as a site where they can interact with other programmers/engineers/bubba's in a professional manner.

I can't stand people who think that the world owes them answers. State your questions with a little bit of humility and graciousness. That obviously includes a willingness to do some research prior to even posting your question.
hmm!!! yeah,

I would guess, that about sums up the attitude for most here. In fact, I am often suprised how far many will go to help another member out. Posting page numbers in manuals, links to parts. This is a great group, and many are willing to go above and beyond to help. But I think a little respect is due, and one shouldn't expect others to do the work for them.

This isn't tech support for product X (although sometimes it's more helpful than some companies support)

Other facts to think about:

Remember that pimple 3 foot above you a@@ is supposed to be something other than a hat rack. The more you use it the better it works.

A manual is a tool just like a screwdriver, a meter, or anything else in your toolbox.

If you do not understand Ohm’s law stop now and learn it first. Yes there are basic skills required to do this job. If you failed wiring up a lamp then you are not qualified to go further.

A PLC is a logic device. It does exactly what you tell it to do via code. It works with it’s I/O’s via electricity. You must understand these basic concepts to proceed.

AC/DC are types of voltage. Current kills, a large amount of current kills faster. You must understand these basic concepts to proceed.

If you were thrown into this job without the “proper” training that is not my fault or anyone else on this site’s fault. If we tell you to seek direct help it is because we do not want to see you kill yourself.

We know the teacher was right and cheating will not help you. Most of us have seen idiots who cheat or try to BS their way thru this type of work. They are the ones that get others hurt and make us work long hours. Yes we do hate them.

Google is a tool most of us would have given our left n#% to have 20 years ago and yes it does irritate us when you supposed tech savvy youngins cannot use it. I mean heck you must have some idea of it… How else did you find this site?

If I do not claim you on my taxes or write you a paycheck you are not my responsibility. If I answer your question it will be at my leisure and if I do answer your question does not mean I am taking responsibility for your problem I am just trying to help.

If you feel like you are being made fun of, you probably are. To exceed in this filed takes a mind twisted beyond reason so a distorted sense of humor is a common side effect.

If your ego is easily bruised, pick another trade, this one will bring you to the edge of insanity on a daily basis. In fact insanity helps.

No most of us are not retired, most of us still work. We come to this site to learn and help. Why else do you think we answer questions at such odd hours.

Other facts to think about:

If you feel like you are being made fun of, you probably are. To exceed in this filed takes a mind twisted beyond reason so a distorted sense of humor is a common side effect.

SpELLing ....... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LMAO... see it field instead of filed

spelling correct, wrong word...o_O

no wonder spell checker let it go

Luckily spelling is far below the twisted and slightly insane job requirements. In fact, I have trouble trusting an engineer or tech who can spell.

I never trust any engineer who does not sound like a raving lunatic.
I used to work with one who was the poster children for OCD. I have to this day never met anyone who could program faster or had cleaner code.

And for the record we would harass each other on a daily basis. Torturing him was easy. I would just move one item on his desk a few inches whenever he was away. He would come back and would know something changed and would not do anything else until he found what I had moved.

He would get me back by soaking my pencils in liquid nitrogen so they would fall apart when I used them.

Like I said before, you have to be nuts to do this for a living.

I never trust any engineer who does not sound like a raving lunatic.
I used to work with one who was the poster children for OCD. I have to this day never met anyone who could program faster or had cleaner code.

And for the record we would harass each other on a daily basis. Torturing him was easy. I would just move one item on his desk a few inches whenever he was away. He would come back and would know something changed and would not do anything else until he found what I had moved.

He would get me back by soaking my pencils in liquid nitrogen so they would fall apart when I used them.

Like I said before, you have to be nuts to do this for a living.

We routinely zing each other just to keep everyone thinking.

If we tell you to seek direct help it is because we do not want to see you kill yourself.

Thus, see my signature. In my line of work and many others you CAN blow up yourself or other people. That's the last thing you want, and it's VERY possible to cause a real "killer" fault in a program.