NOP equivalent in Logix 500 (Micrologix 1100)

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know if there is an equivalent to the NOP instruction in Logix 500? I like to use them in my Logix 5000 for program organization and reserving the first line of the routine for commenting.

If there is not an equivalent, I was curious if others have some type of blank operation equivalent they use, ie maybe a dummy bit with an OTL so as not to get duplicate output errors in verify.

Any tips appreciated...

I've seen XIC and XIO in series referencing the same bit. More of an AFI functionally.

You could turn a bit on unconditionally at the beginning of your program and use that bit with an examine if off where you wanted the nop to be.

Dave

Yes, any old unused B3 bit can be used to set up a program index or other information on the first rung. Any of the S:4 bits from S:4/4 up to about S:4/12 could be used (which will blink on and off to attract attention).

Program Index using First Rung Bit.jpg