Numeric Display Text

sobrio35

Hey all,

I'm still new to Factory Talk, and this should be a quick answer...I have numeric displays for some motors and want to display the text units (HZ, F, etc...) after the variable, but without creating a bunch of separate text boxes. Is there a shortcut on the numeric display somewhere?

Thanks!

Dan

Use:
Text -> insert variable -> Numeric (Tag).
That will generate a command with your tag. After it put your unit name.

Don't use the "Numeric Display" object for anything. It is completely worthless, like 99.8643% of FTView.

Just place a plain old text object, and while editing that, click the button on the dialog to "Insert" a variable. Point that to your data point. In the text box, you can have text, then a variable or two or 9, units, however you like them.