Old GE Fanuc VersaMax program

julianr77

Hi everyone!

There's an old GE Fanuc Versamax that I don't know how much longer will it keep working, so I decided that it is time for a change. I looked up for any backup file and the only I found was a folder with a SwxCF file, an ini file and some bkm files (named AutoBackupXXX and so forth).

I thought it was a VersaPro file or project, so I posted about it in this thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=825876#post825876
The problem is that it couldn't get opened by VersaPro nor PME, and the only chance I have is to download it from the PLC.
What software will I need to do this? Only with VersaPro or could it be done with PME?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

Kind regards,

Julián

You should be able to extract it from the PLC with Proficy Machine Edition even if it was originally written using VersaPro. You will only get the ladder logic when you do so. There will not be any rung comments or variable descriptions.