Omron C200H-CPU01

rockyh

Hello,
I've got several Omron C200H-CPU01 PLC's that I need to upload the code from. I have CX-Programmer which I'm pretty sure will work. Does anybody know what programming cable I need in order to connect to the PLC. It doesn't look like it has a DB9 RS232 port. I sure would appreciate any help or ideas.
Thanks.

Based on some other posts I've read it looks like I need a 3G2A6-LK201 interface module that plugs into the horizontal port of the CPU. Is that correct? If so what type of communications cable do I need from the module to my laptop?

The 3G2A6-LK201 has been discontinued.
You may be able to locate one used or from ebay.

The other option is Omron # C200H-IP007 and CQM1-CIF02.

Your local Omron distributor may also be of assistance.

Hope this will help.

gtsuport,
I read on a post of yours that the CQM1-CIF02 could not be used on a CP200H-CPU01. Is that true?

It is my understanding that plugging a CQM1-CIF02 or a CPM1-CIF01 directly into the peripheral port on a C200H processor will damage the port. I have not tested this for obvious reasons.

The C200H-IP007 is an adapter that plugs into the 40 pin horizontal port on the front of the processor. I have not tried one of these either as it is a relatively new product.

Another option, if you have any open slots in the rack would be a C200H-LK201-V1. These are still available from Omron. And quite a bit less that the C200H-IP007, but you need an open slot.

Cable for the LK201-V1 is a standard null modem. Connector on the LK201-V1 is 25 pin subD.

Hope this will help.

gtsuport,
I've got a LK201 with an empty slot. How do you configure CX-programmer to go online with the PLC?

Pull Down Menu, File/New will open a Change PLC dialog box.
For Device Type choose C200H from the drop down list.
Click the Settings button on the right and choose CPU01,
then choose the appropriate Memory module. Click OK.
In the Network Type drop down choose Sysmac Way (Host Link).
Click the Settings button on the right, then click the Driver tab. Set the correct COM port number and comm parameters.
Click OK then OK again. Click the PLC pull down and Work Online.

If you are having problems, verify your cable and the switch settings on the LK201-V1 Host Link unit.

Hope this will help.