Omron c40k

itsme

We are tasked with troubleshooting and repairing an Omron C40k-CDR-A PLC, we are looking for the correct software and a host link unit in order to communicate with the PLC. The questions are which software adn what is the difference between the following link units?

3G2C7-LK201
3G2C7-LK202

Also are the V1, EV1 etc revisions or are they model numbers that we need to be careful with to get the correct unit.

Thanks for your assistance

Syswin is the old DOS software that was normally used to program it. There is a recent thread about the C60K which is in the same family. SysWin info can be found at:
http://www.mikroe.com/old/books/plcbook/plcbook.htm
There is a lot of great info on that site.
Please send me a Private Message with your email if you need more help.

Thanks you very much for the information that clears a lot of things up. As old as these things are information is getting difficult to find.

Syswin will run under Windows XP.
DOS software was LSS.
Either will support C40K.

Cable will be a standard null modem cable.

Manuals will be W146 and W147.
Try searching for those manual numbers.

Hope this will help.

Syswin will run under Windows XP.
DOS software was LSS.
Either will support C40K.

Cable will be a standard null modem cable.

Manuals will be W146 and W147.
Try searching for those manual numbers.

Hope this will help.
You are right about the SysWin and the DOS LSS software. Old age and failing memory are to blame for my mistake in post #2, sorry.