Omron CP1H FINS Program Area Write Command

patrickser

I am trying to figure out a way to dynamically change PLC programs through the FINS protocol (specifically the Program Area /Clear/Read/Write commands. I found the command information here: http://goo.gl/lhlv6 in section 5-3-11. I am trying to find an example of this command to get started with.

I am wanting to do this to eliminate CX-Programmer from being needed to upload new programs to the PLC. The intended result is to be able to use CX-Programmer only to create the ladder logic files and than use a FINS protocol script to upload them to a PLC.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the PLC world.

Last edited:
I agree = Why ?
I have done some CP1H programming, and used a USB connection to download programs. What do you expect to gain with FINS ?
Why do you need to 'dynamically change' the program ? Won't conditional branches work instead ?

I use dip switch 6 on the CP1H to select between two programs,
this turns ON/OFF A395.12. Then turn desired tasks on/off using [TKON]/[TKOF]. Remember to uncheck "Operation Start" in the tasks you wish to control.

Alternately why not use the CP1H Memory Cassette.

KISS

My 2 cents.