OMRON CPU Communications

zakir

Dear all

i am having some problem with the omron plc communication system. in our factory's control room we have 7 CJ1M and 2 CS1G CPU. so if we want to troubleshoot we just connect the CPU with a serial RS-232 cable with the Dekstop computer. so it is a problem for us check other CPU at the same time unless we disconnect the cable and put it to another.

now i want to connect these 7 CJ1M and 2 CS1G CPUs with the dekstop computer at the same time. in that case i dont have to disconnect the cable everytime. and i think i have do it if i want to make a HMI system for our process. i am using CX-Supervisor software to make the HMI.

please let me know how i make the connection of all these CPUs with the dekstop computer.o_O

Last edited:
Hi,
Get some ethernetmoduls, and make the connection!
It`s fast and give you easy support at the same time
the CX-Supervisor is running...

BjarkeSS

What about using ControllerLink (CJ1W-CLK21-V1).

It is a proprietary network, but would be less expensive that ETN21 modules.

You can still connect to one serial port and access the other cpu's over ControllerLink.

Just a thought.