omron plc cpm1a download problem

jugenzhu1963

hi,

when i try to download modified programm to cpm1 plc i got this message "UM is protected". the machine is used one and need make some change. i can upload programm from plc. anybody knows how to release this protection?

thanks lots

Hi,

You might want to take a look at the PLCs 'Device Type' settings.
There is a checkbox that makes the program 'Read Only'.
If this is checked, you cannot transfer the program to the PLC.

You might want to take a look at the PLCs 'Device Type' settings.
There is a checkbox that makes the program 'Read Only'.
If this is checked, you cannot transfer the program to the PLC.
This is usually the problem.

There is something in the back of my mind that is saying the DIP switch settings can also cause this problem but I am not sure why. Probably caught in a past life.